We had a great run yesterday - we did about 3.6k in less than 30 minutes, and this was including some hills. I'm signing up for the 10k clinic which starts in early October. I've heard that there's hill work in the 10k clinic, so this bodes well.
I also figured I should use my coupon before it expires, so I bought some running-related gear. I've done without a water bottle during the Learn to Run clinic. This of course is not the best idea in the world, but I always made sure I'd had plenty of water before and after every run.
Now that I'm moving up to the next level, I can't really get away with that anymore. There are a few options. I could go with the holder designed for one large water bottle, or with the multiple-bottle holder. Since I plan to keep going to the longer endurance runs (to the half-marathon and marathon levels), I'll eventually have to get the more fancy multiple-bottle holders, or whatever the proper technical term is.
So, rather than get a cheaper one now, and have to spend more money to upgrade a few months later, I figured I'd splurge and get the fancy one now.
So that's what I did - I got one of those belts that have four small water bottles. They're designed to not get in the way of my arm movement, so they won't feel like they're in the way. When I got home, I still had my running clothes on; I tried on the belt and once again practiced proper form running back and forth (barefoot, since I was at home). I may still be a beginner, but I'm starting to feel like I can call myself a runner.
And yes, you read that right - I spent part of my Friday night trying on my new-and-fancy-running-gear and practicing proper running technique.
Hi, my name is Sarah, and I am a nerd.
Happy running :)
No comments:
Post a Comment