Runner Sarah

From couch potato to marathoner.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Countdown to my first race!

I ran 5k tonight in preparation for this Sunday's race!!!!!   :D
Can you tell I'm excited?

Many many thanks to Islay and Fil (whose company made tonight's run easier and much more fun).

I've also learned that it's considered bad luck to run a race while wearing that event's shirt. I'm a theatre-type, and am well-versed in superstitions of the stage, so I'm pretty excited to start learning about superstitions for running. And I will make sure that I wear something other than the snazzy new Yorkville Run t-shirt (I'll save that for when I sign up for the 10k clinic and need more running clothes).

It feels pretty amazing to know - not just to guess, but to actually know, that I can handle running 5k. I'm now looking forward even more to this Sunday's race.

So yeah, I'm feeling pretty fantastic tonight. Tomorrow I will be sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment