Runner Sarah

From couch potato to marathoner.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ok, here comes the self-doubt. I've been planning on signing up for the 10k clinic, and I'm still leaning towards doing that, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm sure this is a normal part of moving up in running distances, but I'm still a pretty new runner. Do I have a solid enough foundation to move on to the 10k level? In about two and a half months, I've moved from 0k to 5k. That's a pretty good start, but I've read that a lot of overuse injuries happen because of moving too far, too quickly.

So yeah, I'm trying to figure out whether I have a solid enough foundation to go for the 10k clinic, or whether I should sign up for the 5k clinic to really get myself ready.

Hmm...

Well, I have another week or two to decide, so I guess that's a good thing.

I'm still leaning towards the 10k clinic, but I want to be sure that it's the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment