Runner Sarah

From couch potato to marathoner.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sometimes a training day doesn't end up happening.

I was really looking forward all day to going to my 5k clinic tonight and going for a run, but something came up that had to be dealt with right away.

That's ok, though - I'll join in the Wednesday night practice run. Since I missed the clinic tonight, I don't know what pace we're up to this week. I'm pretty sure it's still two sets of 10:1.

Also, I've said it before in person, but I wanted to repeat it here online: I'm so grateful for all the people I've met over the past three months - both instructors and fellow newbie runners.

Who knew that I'd now be at a point where I really want to run - I look forward to it, I enjoy it, I feel bad if I miss a running session.

I'd especially like to thank Islay and Stephen for being such amazing co-instructors of my Learn to Run Clinic - they helped me get off the couch and get active. Their enthusiasm, encouragement, and knowledge of the sport have helped motivate me, and have helped me get to the point where I can see myself continuing to the 10k, half-marathon, and eventually the marathon.

And Deb - my instructor for the 5k clinic - is really great too. I've only taken two clinics so far, but from my experience, the calibre of instruction is top-notch!  :)

So even though I wasn't able to run tonight, at least I only have to wait till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment