I must really be liking this whole running thing.
Last week was one of the first cooler-weather runs that I did.
On Monday, it was cold, rainy, and dark by the time the group headed out. We went a slightly different, longer route than normal. There were about two ridiculously long hills thrown in there, too.
And you know what?
I had a really great time! :)
Islay and I even sprinted the last little bit, which was a fun way to end the run.
I'll be starting the 5k clinic this upcoming week, and I'm feeling really good about it. I think it's the best decision for me right now, and I'll work up to 10k and beyond after I've finished up the 5k clinic. I also plan to get back into swimming laps; I'd been doing that when I first started running, and it made a big difference.
On another note, I'm running my second 5k race tomorrow - I'll be at the Run for the Cure, along with several thousands of other runners. It isn't officially timed, so it won't be like the Yorkville Run, which was chip timed, but I'm looking forward to experiencing the energy of running with so many other people.
Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment