Runner Sarah

From couch potato to marathoner.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Still running!

The start of the New Year has been busy, but I'm still plugging away at my running - still working on increasing my mileage, improving my running form, and trying to become a better runner.

In fact, as I write, I'm getting ready to head out on a long run. Well, OK, maybe it isn't long by many standards, but it's long for me - I'm aiming for 6 or 7k today. I'll try to be good and run at a slower pace - I did my longest run ever last week (7.17k - yay!!) with an average pace of 8:05ish/km.

In other news, I'm going to start my 10k training on Monday. I've been looking forward to this for a while, so I'm pretty excited about it. Of course, the upcoming hill training will be intense, but I'm hoping to get in lots of cardio before then. To that end, I've started swimming laps again. Now I just need to make sure that I stay disciplined and keep up with the cross-training. Oh yeah, and I'm planning on taking up yoga again - whew!

I haven't had any caffeine today, so my apologies if this post is overly rambling and makes no sense ;)

Happy running,

Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment