I'm about halfway through the beginner Learn to Run course. Last week, we were up to 3 and 1s (basically, 5 repetitions of 3 minutes running to 1 minute walking). I don't know what we'll be doing this upcoming week, but I'm pretty sure it'll involve 4 and 1s.
On Wednesday's run, I noticed for the first time that the running sections seemed to go by slightly faster and slightly easier than in the beginning. Or at least, it seemed that way for the first half of the run. By the second half, I was starting to slow down a bit and was lagging towards the back of the group.
But the first half of the run was pretty cool - my instructor suggested that we take shorter strides, go on the balls of our feet, lean forward, and really pump our arms to get up any of the hills. I tried that and felt like I practically flew up the hills!
I'm really loving my running clinic - the other runners are so fun to talk to, and are a really enthusiastic bunch - we all cheer after we finish each running section, saving the biggest cheers and high fives at the end when we all celebrate another successful run.
And the best part is that each run is progressively getting longer (not by much, but you definitely feel it when you're out there running). I love the fact that my endurance is improving each time I hit the pavement.
No comments:
Post a Comment